This site may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something via an affiliate link, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions and reviews are my own.
Do you feel like a failure? Or is that just me? Lately, most days anyway, I feel like a failure in one way or another. Not sure EXACTLY why, but it might have to do with not living up to “the expectations”. I wrote about that last week and you can check it out HERE.
Do you feel like a failure?
I’m a pretty positive person and I truly believe in the power of a positive mind. Check out Mindset Monday for some inspiration (I’m long overdue for a post in that section!). But if we are not fully aware of our thoughts, the circumstances of life can weigh us down. I’m a little guilty of that lately. But we are more powerful than that. Right?
Back to the subject at hand. A lot of times, I feel like a failure as a wife, a mom, a daughter, a friend. And the truth is, I have failed. I am failing. And I will continue to fail. That’s just the way a non-perfect life goes. If you are one of THOSE people with a perfect life, please stop reading now. Find somewhere else to spend your time. I’ve got issues and I’m talking about them here. 🙂
I’m going to be moody with my husband (whether he deserves it or not is not the question here), and I’m going to yell at my kids, when I should just speak in a clam, relaxed, non-judgmental tone. I don’t call my mom as often as I should. I spend more when I should be saving more. Yeah, probably going to eat more when I should be eating less. Let’s see. What else can I fail at? I could probably type out a list a mile long, if I really wanted to. But, I don’t.
Turn This Around…STAT
I’m going to make a choice right now. Instead of focusing on all of the ways I fail on a daily basis, I’m going to pick out the successes that I experience and shine the light on those instead.
- I woke up today! I opened my eyes and got out of bed. Thank you Jesus.
- I brushed my teeth, got dressed, and made sure the kids did the same.
- I got the kids to school on time, with lunches packed (Packed by them…they’re 13, after all, and I promised I would not be packing any more of their lunches this school year. If they want to eat, they need to pack their own. So far, so good).
- I didn’t run over the car/driver in front of me who drives 5 mph in a 35 mph zone – YAY me! I might have a little bit of road rage. Everyone else on the road is an idiot. But I mean that in the nicest way. 😉
- I actually have a plan for dinner that includes me cooking it. This is a MAJOR win these days, as I have been on a sort-of cooking strike lately. Not on purpose, just unmotivated. I’m going to start sharing recipes here too. That will help keep me motivated.
- I am writing this blog post. Yep. I’m totally winning today.
- I’m smiling. Not because my life is perfect (oh my word – definitely NOT because my life is perfect). But because it’s a choice I am making right now. In this moment. I have a lot to smile about, regardless of that little negative voice in my head trying to tell me otherwise.
Okay, I say we end on this positive note! I am going to be diligent about looking at the bright side of things today. Won’t you join me?
Let your light shine,